“Possess only what you can carry with you. Learn languages, know countries, know people. Make your memory your travel bag”.
There is one important and highly valued requirement when applying for a job, pursuing postgraduate or doctoral studies: languages. Knowing at least one language in addition to your native tongue is becoming more important by the minute in a professional profile. It’s very common to see language schools offering these training programs on a daily basis.
Each academy has different teaching methodologies. Whether it’s in-person or online, online education has gained popularity because students can take courses from the comfort of their own homes and with flexible schedules that can be adapted to individual needs. Schools offer language courses at different levels with the aim of providing personalized support to each student.
Here are the official language schools in Ecuador:
- CEC-EPN. CONTINUED EDUCATION CENTER
The Continuing Education Center of the National Polytechnic University is located in the city of Quito and offers language courses in English and French. They have graduated various students in recent years.
For English courses, they offer:
- English Club: You can practice with native speakers and have conversations where you can apply all your knowledge.
- English Course: You will learn from scratch and improve your English language skills with theoretical and practical classes that have a total of 11 levels, from Beginner to Academic IV.
- Speaking and Writing Courses: These courses focus solely on practical aspects, focusing on your speaking or writing goals. These courses consist of two-hour classes at a time of your choice.
- French Course: This course is offered online and consists of levels ranging from Beginner to Advanced I. The minimum age requirement is 13 years.
2. EF Education International
At EF, you will find a different concept of learning. It focuses on experiential learning focused on speaking, travel, cultural exchange, and academic study. It offers:
- Academic Studies: They offer degree programs at the secondary, undergraduate, and postgraduate levels in different countries around the world. This way, you learn not only the language but also its culture.
- Educational Travel.
- Learning Languages: EF’s language courses are provided in accredited schools in the world’s largest cities, as well as their prominent online platform, English Live.
- EF Language Abroad: Study in EF schools, choosing from 10 languages in 50 destinations, including the United States, Canada, England, South Korea, France, Australia, Japan, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Germany, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, etc.
- Alliance Française (French Alliance)
The Alliance Française is recognized for its history and as a cultural center for the teaching of French. It offers programs that merge French and Francophone cultures. It also collaborates with the Cultural Cooperation and Action Service of the French Embassy to develop language, artistic, and cultural initiatives.
The French course is based on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages, focusing on a communicative, dynamic, and interactive pedagogy of the French language, thereby achieving oral and written comprehension.
SIYUAN is a Chinese language academy that started its activities in 2004, focusing on mastering the knowledge of the Chinese-Mandarin language with a very fast and fun way of learning. The teachers are experienced natives, which allows language and culture education to start from the first day of class.
The Ecuadorian-German Cultural Center is a non-profit binational institution formed by Ecuadorian and German citizens, as well as a cultural entity. The CCEA is part of the German Cultural Network, composed of diplomatic representatives and German institutions based in Ecuador. This language center has the license for international German exams from the Goethe Institute, “Goethe Certifica,” offering the following languages:
- Centro Cultural Brasileiro (Brazilian Cultural Center)
This center is located in Guayaquil and is an institution dedicated to teaching the Portuguese language, fostering critical thinking and the importance of coexisting with other cultures. Currently, approximately 10,000 students have graduated from this center over its 27 years of service. Over 70 Brazilian professionals have been responsible for imparting this learning.
Levels can be taught in-person or virtually. Both modalities consist of 5 levels, including basic, intermediate, and advanced.