To translate is to take a journey through a foreign country.
Languages are often seen as a barrier between people who speak different languages. A telephone call between two people who speak different languages is virtually impossible. However, there are currently several translation apps developed to solve this problem.
Most popular apps that allow you to translate calls:
- Telephone Call Translator
- If you need to call someone who speaks another language, you can now do it without complications. You can download this app directly from the Play Store or App Store on your favorite mobile device.
- This translator is exclusively for phone calls. It was created to assist in work-related situations, professional meetings, business meetings, etc. Its way of working is simple: we speak in our language, and through the app, the other person can hear the real-time translation. The translation is also duplicated on the phone screen.
- This app currently allows you to call anyone, works for 30 different languages, and can make calls to all devices, even landlines.
- This app is available on iOS and Android versions. It also allows you to translate your calls in real-time through WhatsApp, Telegram, and Facebook Messenger.
- The best thing about this app is that the person you want to talk to doesn’t need to download the app or register to use it.
- This app is also compatible with video chat translations. It is suitable for people with hearing problems because it includes subtitles, and voice synthesis appears automatically during the call.
- You can call more than 190 countries; all you need to do is send the link on WhatsApp to start the video call or call. The app will begin to automatically translate and in real-time.
- This Skype app tool is very easy to use and involves choosing the language in which the people on the call will speak or write. Every time someone speaks or writes, Skype will recognize the text or words and translate what has been said instantly for the other person.
- If the other person is speaking in English, Skype will display the text in English, and below it will be the translated text in Spanish, for example. In the case of a video conference where one person is speaking in Spanish, the other person will receive the spoken translation in their native language.
- To activate this option, simply go to the conversation window and click on the name. Then, select the globe icon and activate it. Finally, select the language that each member of the conversation will speak. Interlocutors can now converse.
Most popular apps that allow you to translate audio or voice notes:
If you find it difficult to understand audio in a language different from yours, this website allows you to translate your audio easily into over 10 available languages.
- Happy Scribe
Happy Scribe supports audio formats such as MP3, WAV, M4A, among others, and the steps to perform your translation are as follows:
- Upload your audio file. The audio can be imported from Google Drive, your laptop, YouTube, or Dropbox. (The first 10 minutes are free).
- Select the language you want to translate to.
- Select the “Transcription” option (to translate your audio, it needs to be transcribed first).
- The software offers automatic transcription with 85% accuracy and professional transcription with 99% accuracy. This will be reviewed by a native expert.
- Finally, you will receive your automatic transcription and can select your preferred language to continue with the translation.
- Export the file and choose the format you need.
This web app offers you the opportunity to translate voice recordings, podcasts, conferences, dialogues, and more. It can automatically recognize any language in your audio files and transcribe them into text with a single click.
To translate your audio, simply:
- Upload the file to the page and go to subtitles. VEED automatically transcribes the audio into the language of your choice; no manual transcription is required. To improve accuracy to 100%, you can edit and rephrase the text. If you encounter any issues, VEED offers a live chat option to assist you with your translation.
- This is one of the most commonly used Google tools. It has been updated several times over the past few years. It allows you to translate words, phrases, and also has a transcription option.
- To use the transcription option, open the app and activate the transcription or microphone icon located to the right of the text box. Select the language in which it is heard and the language you want to translate to. The tool will then automatically start transcribing.